Sunday, January 07, 2007

The video card story

So I bought this video card, GeForce 7900GS after a long time of brainstorming and problems didn't delay to occur. The system freezes sometimes after 5 minutes and sometimes after an half an hour. I returned the video card for refund and I ordered an Radeon X1900XT from newegg.com but there couldn't be a worse time to order it because they ship only during business days and I ordered it Friday afternoon. That wouldn't be a problem if, as I found lately, the system would provide enough power. So I need to buy a new power supplier for my PC. I found some yesterday on CompUSA at a good price + rebate. Now the $40 one + $40 rebate is $160 and it doesn't have any rebate. I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I think I'll try if it works with the one I have now and at least nothing bad will happen, hopefully.

Developing story. Stay tunned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, does it work ? Or did your power supply decided to retire ? :D

madmax said...

I've answered with an post.


.