Thursday, February 08, 2007

Stumble Upon, school and the phone of the future

I'd like to talk about my favorite Firefox extensions but I'm sure I'll not have enough time. The reason? School. I HATE SCHOOL!!!!!!! Before I continue I want to add something:

It's okay to hate school:
There is nothing wrong with you.
If you hate school, parents and teachers might be quick to label you as 'troubled' or 'defiant' or diagnose you with a bunch of disorders. Nothing could be further from the truth.

There is nothing wrong with hating school, there is nothing wrong with hating being forced to go someplace you don't want to, and being "taught" things you're not interested in, in ways that would kill you if boredom were lethal.

You're not worthless if you don't get good grades, and you're not mentally ill if the mere thought of school scares you.

In fact, you're probably a lot more sane than someone who has a nervous breakdown if they don't get an A+.

They say school is for learning? Well, being bored is hardly any way to learn anything! No wonder hardly anyone remembers what they were forced to memorize at school. School isn't about learning, it's about training people to be obedient to those with authority over them.

Don't trust school to 'educate' you - only you can be trusted with that!

This psychologist has a message for kids who hate school:
I, as an adult and a psychologist, want to say to any children out there who hate school: you are not alone. Most people hate it too, but usually they don't feel entitled to say so, and many can't bear to think about it so they hardly even know how they feel. You are not mad – you don't have a Deep Psychological Problem (though you might develop one if you stay in school against your will!); and you are not bad for wanting to live your life the way you choose, doing what you think right – that is what everyone should be doing. You are not the problem: coercion is the problem. Being forced to go to school is the problem.

http://www.school-survival.net/
I hate all the workaholics I see everyday, they are so retarded that they love self-torture! A kid said these days: "It hurts so good!" They're insane! People who can't stop working are insane! and I see them everywhere! I HATE TO BE FORCED TO LEARN THINGS THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT AND WHICH I'LL NEVER NEED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! I HATE SCHOOL!!!!!

OK... now about the Firefox extension, Stumble Upon it's a really good extension because it helps you discover the internet like never before. First you choose what you want to know from various categories (unlike the school where you're forced to learn things you don't care about) and then you click the Stumble! button which is in the Stumble toolbar (installed in Firefox). It takes you to randomly selected websites from all the internet that fall into your categories. The toolbar also has two buttons "I like it" and "No more like this". You can spend hours and hours with all your favorite content on the internet. Stumble Video is pretty new and it's like the Stumble toolbar but it's a website and, obviously, displays video content. The videos are from Youtube and google video but you can't click them and go to their exact location but you can find them by their title and to make it even harder those from Stumble did something so that you can't even copy and paste the title, so you have to type it to find the video. Why this? Probably they want you to be loyal to their website. I'll write about my other favorite Firefox extensions next time because I need to do the homework. Did I mention how much I hate school? I HATE SCHOOL!!!!!!!

I found this interesting concept of the phone: Turn your fingers into a mobile phone! Maybe first users of this... phone will look pretty goofy but, who knows, maybe this is the future, right here, beyond touch screen.

No comments:


.