Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valencrap's Day

Saint Valentine's Day is on February 14. It is the traditional day on which lovers express their love for each other; sending Valentine's cards, candy, or donations to charities, often anonymously. It is very common to present flowers on Valentine's Day.

But wait! what's love?

Love is any of a number of emotions and experiences related to a sense of strong affection or profound oneness. Depending on context, love can have a wide variety of intended meanings. Romantic love is seen as a deep, ineffable feeling of intense and tender attraction shared in passionate or intimate attraction and intimate interpersonal and sexual relationships. Love can also be conceived of as Platonic love, religious love, familial love, and, more casually, great affection for anything considered strongly pleasurable, desirable, or preferred, including activities and foods.

Oh really? Now I see why people fall in "love" so easily. I'm always and probably I'll always be amazed how indifferent and ignorant can people be about things from which they don't benefit at all. I don't mean donations and stuff like that, I mean every day behavior, small things. People simply don't care about anything that doesn't affect their life in a good way or in a bad way. People you think they have a good heart because of good things they do, they probably do them because they think someone sees them. I was so angry one day because of this and I wrote these thoughts because I saw so many ignorant people in a short time. It's an ignorance and an selfishness which I often associate with wickedness. I'm sooo sick of it. Can people really love with that attitude? I highly doubt that. Love. It's a strong word, isn't it? It's because it changes things not because it's a strong feeling. If, somehow, it's a strong feeling, it's a feeling given by what? It's a feeling given by what people SEE. It's a feeling based on something that a real feeling like LOVE could never occur because it takes time to discover all the reasons why a person potentially loves another person. The "love" it's based on idiotic things like: "OMG she looks so hot!", "That guy right there is so strong and handsome!! What's his name again?" I find absolutely idiotic how smart people "fall in love" with persons they know for 5 minutes. People need to learn how to love, they learn to love after they have some unpleasant experiences by falling in love with people for retarded reasons followed by knowing the person better and knowing it doesn't match you at all, it only matches your imagination and your idealism, until you know who you're really talking to. I'm ashamed of my way of rapidly judging someone by their appearance. This it's not fair, but it's so human - to judge things and persons so easily, we were born with it. It's not their choice if they look ugly in my opinion but if they don't match my fashion tastes it's probably because I don't understand it and because I haven't lived in the same environment as they have. Valentine's Day is rubbish until you truly LOVE a person and that involves knowing that person and knowing why you love him or her. I don't think it's necessary to remind the other reasons for which people "love" and I'm not even going to talk about "lovers", the persons who seek persons of opposite sex 24/7 - one of the most retarded category of humans, destroyed and broken-hearted. I almost dropped a tear. Girls have expectations from their "prince" like in fairy tales. You can't even imagine what expensive things girls expect and how far their imagination goes. Boys don't really care, they don't have money and time for that, another good reason to hate "love" as a boy. Enough said, Valentine's Day is rubbish for most of the people and will remain the same as long as people love for no good reason and as long as it's commercialized like it's not every year.

1 comment:

Pyuric said...

Unfortunately, true... Especially the "omg, he's so hot <--> i'm in loev" part... That's why I hate val's day...Geez, I couldn't have said it better than you did:)


.