Monday, August 28, 2006

iPod

I wanna present you the iPod and what I think about it. The iPod is a very useful gadget when you have to do boring things, time simply goes faster when you listen to your favorite music. But it also has some bad characteristics and I'll start with the bad ones coz I'm evil. The most annoying thing in my opinion is that it scratches very very easy and the case is not replaceable. That's what the guy from the Apple store told me and he gave me this website. I ordered the iCleaner Pro Kit but it removes like 70% of scratches. Although I have 3 covers my iPod is scratched because I love that simple design, I can't help to not take it out. There are rumors that if you stare enough, the iPod can scratch itself but I don't believe them. The second bad thing I noticed it's the bass, it's pretty weak but if you have good headphones it shouldn't be a problem. Without setting the bass booster on you can get good bass but with the bass booster on there are many distortions. I found this solution but I didn't try it. Although many people blame the ear buds that come with the iPod I actually use them often because I don't like to walk on the street with my big headphones, though it offers better quality than the ear buds, but the ear buds have weak bass. You cannot delete songs from your iPod without your computer, that sucks! You cannot search like in Winamp (by using the "J" key) and that also sucks because I don't memorize all the names of the songs. (it has an alphabetical playlist) Considering the size of the memory (mine has 30 GB) the absence of the radio shouldn't be such a big minus and it's not for me but for other might be. The hold button is very useful but I think it would also be very useful a button, actually two, or one that does both, repeat and skip. It would be very useful so that you don't always have to take it out of your pocket. The click wheel it's a very smart and cool feature, nothing to comment. After I uploaded my first mp3s to my iPod I thought of uploading some videos but that proved to be a tough job. You can't upload any video, the video must be .mov format or other formats. I searched the internet and Videora iPod Convertor it's the best I found.
Hopefully I didn't miss any bad things about iPod but I'll update this as soon as I remember or find out new bad things and maybe I'll be in a mood for writing the good things tomorrow.

To be continued.

No comments:


.