Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Happiness


I've been thinking, to write this post or not. Right now while I'm typing it doesn't have a title, I think it will be happiness because this is what I think I'll talk about. What is happiness? When do you feel happy? I sometimes feel happy and laugh when I shouldn't necessarily laugh or be happy. Does that make me silly? I don't think so, though people may think I'm insane when I strive to not laugh when nothing funny happens around. I sometimes remember funny things before falling asleep or when I do boring things. At those times I also think, maybe to much, about many nonsense things. Sometimes it's bad for me, because I become dispirited and melancholic while I think about some certain things. A thing is for sure, when I do things that occupy my mind I don't think about things I shouldn't. The computer is a good way to keep me away from reality. It also helps me to not have bad thoughts. Yeah, it's like a drug, there's no escape but it's also a good thing...
You cannot define happiness as you cannot define love or other feelings. To be happy... actually our life is about happiness. Everybody is eager to be happy. Some people risk their life and take drugs, other people think that only money can make them happy, many people try so hard to get happy but in the mess of daily problems and disappointments they forget what they try to achieve. You don't need money to be happy, you don't even need a person to be happy. You can be happy if you only think about what happened lately, about things that went well, about the fact that you're healthy, funny happenings, if you think positive you can be happy and it really helps because you'll be high spirited and you'll enjoy what you're doing no matter you're doing things you like anyway or boring things. If you're sad, no matter what you're doing it has all the chances to go wrong. I know sometimes it's hard to smile to somebody or it's hard to be happy when you had a bad day but remeber this: you need 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
Let's be happy!

4 comments:

ars said...

thank you madmax
one (or two...) is in my header background

madmax said...

OK earth, I could have never guess that koi is a fish.

Gogu Kaizer said...

You say that you don't need a person to be happy, but sometimes another person's happiness makes you happy. That's a moment when you think you can define this happiness, this love, this everything.

madmax said...

Well, I didn't exactly say that another person's happiness makes you happy, but that's possible. Happiness, love and human feelings are special and complicated to define. On earth we are the only beings with deep feelings and that makes us special.


.